Slimline Showstoppers: Millet and cashew stir-fry
Eyeing your takeaway menus? Stop, put them down and check out this simple-stir fry instead. Using heaps of nutty millet and shredded veg, this stir-fry makes a fresh, healthy dinner in just about no time at all.
Stir-fry with chilli and lime
100g uncooked millet
50g cashew nuts
2 tbsp light olive oil
115g carrot, roughly chopped
100g bean sprouts
115g cabbage, roughly chopped
85g red onion, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of ½ lime
2 tbsp each soy sauce and honey
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1. Cover millet in pan with 125ml water. Simmer until water absorbed. Set aside.
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan. Add nuts and toast until lightly coloured. Remove from heat and roughly chop.
3. Add oil to pan, then add carrots, sprouts, cabbage, onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins.
4. For the sauce, put lime juice, zest, soy sauce, honey and chilli in a bowl and mix.
5. Add millet to vegetables and mix. Pour on chilli and lime sauce, mix well, cook for 1-2 mins. Remove from heat; serve hot.
Millet and Cashew stir-fry from Grains as Mains by Lura Agar Wilson (Darling Kindersley, £16.99). Photographs by Charlotte Tolhurst
Did you make this for millet and cashew stir-fry for supper? Show us how it went on Instagram @healthymagdaily