Free-from Friday Recipe: Raw cheesecake
Hello, my name’s Michelle and I’m a holistic health coach on a mission to help you with your quest for great health, vitality and energy.
I don’t eat dairy or gluten, and I’m always on the look out for ways to up the nutritional value of my recipes, even in a pudding. So, in my first Free From Friday Recipe column I want to share one of my favourite recipes with you.
Read more: Could you be gluten-intolerant?
This raw cheesecake gives any New York-style wonder a run for its money and is totally gluten and dairy-free. Here are five reasons to give it a go this bank holiday weekend:
1. It contains almonds, which are high in protein.
2. The cherries contain vitamin C, which help repair tissue and they contain the phytochemical, anthocyanin, that gives their dark, rich colour.
3. The honey is high in anti-oxidants and has anti-bacterial properties.
4. It’s raw, so you get all the wholesome ingredients at their un-tampered best.
5. It can be stored in the freezer for months, although it doesn’t live past a week in my house!
Read more: Mini strawberry cheesecake recipe
For the crust:
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup dates
¼ cup figs
¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
1 ½ x cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
Juice of 2 lemons
½ x cup of dessicated coconut
1 teaspoon x real vanilla extract
1/3 x cup x coconut oil, melted
¼ x cup raw honey
1 ½ x cups cherries (allow them to thaw if using frozen)
1. For the base, place the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 30 seconds
2. For the filling, blend the dry ingredients first and them add the lemon, & cherries
3. Remove the filling from the blender and mix in the honey and coconut oil
4. Sprinkle desiccated coconut, coconut flakes & goji berries on top
Will you be giving Michelle’s free-from cherry cheesecake a go this weekend? Tweet us @healthymag, tell us on Facebook or tag us (@healthymagdaily) in your Instagram snaps!
Whether you’re struggling with a nagging condition like eczema or IBS or in need of some inspiration to live a blissful dairy, gluten, wheat and sugar-free life, Michelle can help. If you’d like to have a chat, check out her website for all the details www.everythinggood.co.uk